Subject: Re: Re[2]: Hostility on this list :-(
From: Robert Tweed (robert_at_killingmoon.com)
Date: 2002-08-15

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Hak" <rhak_at_ramapo.edu>

> Hmm.. dunno if I like that idea. What I did like was the suggetions that
> maybe we send it out when someone joins the list. That Might be a good
> idea.

That's definitely a good idea. The other thing that I do on the mailinglist
that I run is to moderate the first post from every member, although while
that is an option on Yahoo groups, I don't know how easy it is to do with
majordomo (I'm about to migrate to majordomo myself, so let me know if you
find out). Generally, a person's worst post will be their first, so
moderating first posts gets rid of blatent newbie questions and most spam. I
find the additional workload is minimal.

Still, if someone posts a FAQ question, don't post the entire FAQ (that will
really piss people off, myself included); simply post a *link* to the FAQ.
Wastes a lot less bandwidth that way. Have you thought about adding a FAQ
link to your sig as well?

- Robert