Subject: RE: PATCH: make toys on recorder a compile time option
From: Remo Hofer (remo.nospam_at_gmx.net)
Date: 2002-08-16

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002 11:25:04 +0200 Linus.Nielsen_at_elema.siemens.se (Nielsen Linus
(ext)) wrote:

>> This would solve the space problem completly, because we don't
>> use presious RAM while playing music but have plenty of space
>> on the harddisc for all the toys like text reader, image
>> viewer, games, organizer etc.
>
>No, it wouldn't solve the RAM problem completely. We still only have 2Mb of
>RAM, so we will still not be able to cope with insanely large directories or
>stuff like that.
>
>/Linus

Sure, I wasn't talking about directories and stuff concerning playing music.
There should be compile time option for this. But loadable modules for code
which is not used in normal usage, would be useful. You could argue of course,
that you want to read text, play games etc. while listening to music.

If implemented clever, you could use mostly the same code to boot a different
firmware version as to start a game or even start a helper application with a
file as parameter (text, image viewer etc.)

--
Remo Hofer <remo.nospam_at_gmx.net>
Do NOT remove nospam from email address!