Subject: Re[2]: charging algorithm stops and restarts
From: Uwe Freese (mail_at_uwe-freese.de)
Date: 2002-08-17

Hello Heikki,

Heikki Hannikainen wrote on Saturday, August 17, 2002, 8:45:29 AM:

>> minute later. That happened here several times with charging really
>> empty batteries (where the charging stopped in the middle of the
>> whole

HH> I haven't seen this happening with my batteries (completely
HH> discharged or not). My batteries are pretty new, though.

Sorry, my fault: I actually test around with the "capacity bahaviour"
of the batteries (as described in another mail) and added:

- stop charging
- take voltage1
- wait 5 sec
- take voltage2
- output voltage2 - voltage 1
- start charging again

(every minute in the main charging loop)

To start and stop charging, I called charger_enable(bool); and that
made the display thread show a "charging: no".. So the charging cycle
was NOT really stopped.

BTW: By now, I have no finally result from the "capacity" testings. I
started a second test right now. This evening, I'll tell you if it
makes any sense to use such calculations or if it's useless at all.

Bye, Uwe.