Subject: Re: false info are displayed by "low-quality" mp3
From: Daniel Stenberg (daniel_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2002-08-19

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Benoit Midy wrote:

> Firstly : since many time I still have problem whith the WPS that displays
> some files length as 3:05 (for example) for a file that is about 90 mins !!
> It appeasr only for low rates file like my numerized audio cassete file at
> a a rate of 32 or 16 kbps with ionly 22000Hz ? any explications ? does
> somweone else have the same problem ?

It might be an overflow problem in the math calculating the song length.

If anyone can make one of those songs available for me to download, I could
have a go at checking this out.

This could easily be worked on using the simulator by anyone who has a song
that causes this sympthom.

> Secondly : about the mid-song resume : I get success using it on my Player,
> but on my recordr I did not get any success !!

It works on mine. Please tell us the exact sequence of what you do when it
doesn't work.

> And about the false position time display is it fixed ? planned to be fixed
> ?

We do tend to fix bugs. This is intended to be fixed too. When? When someone
finds the bug and commits/submits the fix. I believe this particular bug was
already addressed in Hardeep's patch he posted this friday.

> Thirdly : is the release 1.3 planned to be released ? and what will be the
> next feature for the next release 1.4 (I hope) like recording feature?

Without promising anything, we've talked about a 1.3 release "soon". Perhaps
already this week.

We've been talking about having a go at the fat32 file writing after the 1.3
release. If that means recording in 1.4? Well, only if we get someone on the
recording code as well.

--
Daniel "Bagder" Stenberg -- http://rockbox.haxx.se/