Subject: Re: auto volume

Re: auto volume

From: Mat Pritchard <matthew_pritchard_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 12:12:34 +0100

On Sun, Aug 18, 2002 at 08:57:23PM +0200, Magnus Holmgren wrote:

> One word: MP3Gain. Much better solution, IMHO. :) (Though I don't have a
> Recorder, so I don't know exactly how the AVC works.)
>
> http://www.geocities.com/mp3gain/

Errm, my reading of this is that the player needs to interpret the gain
information which is stored in the header. Simply running mp3gain on
your mp3 collection will not have the desired affect with with Rockbox
(nor Archos, Winamp, Xmms etc).

This is because it doesn't actually re-encode the mp3s at all. I mean,
it's a neat idea, but it won't work until the players support it.

--
Mat
matthew_pritchard at yahoo.com