Subject: Re: cvs: apps playlist.c,1.37,1.38
From: Daniel Stenberg (
Date: 2002-08-19

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Uwe Freese wrote:

> DS> When shuffle is ENABLED. And you press PLAY in a dir, the selected
> DS> song is now the first song to get played.
> I know that people have different meanings about what song should played
> when starting to play a shuffled dir. I liked it as it was (first song is
> also random).

> Can you please make the behaviour configurable with a menu option ([1st
> song in shuffle mode] selected / random)?

I fear an option-overload if we don't make some sacrifices, that's why I
chose to sacrifice this. But certainly, if there's a demand for an config
option, we'll have an another config option!

> DS> [...] We could optionally put the selected song first in the
> DS> playlist and then shuffle all the rest,
> You haven't done this by now because of the resume function makes it
> difficult, right?

No, I didn't do that because a) this works b) this was quicker c) I didn't
want to modify the shuffle code, as the alternative would've required to do.

Feel free to join in and fix.

Daniel "Bagder" Stenberg --