Subject: Re: false info are displayed by "low-quality" mp3
From: Daniel Stenberg (
Date: 2002-08-19

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Benoit Midy wrote:

> Firstly : since many time I still have problem whith the WPS that displays
> some files length as 3:05 (for example) for a file that is about 90 mins !!
> It appeasr only for low rates file like my numerized audio cassete file at
> a a rate of 32 or 16 kbps with ionly 22000Hz ? any explications ? does
> somweone else have the same problem ?

These bitrates and frequencies, are they what Rockbox reports or are they
what some other program reports?

The reason for my question is that it seems some low-quality conversions tend
to write the file as "MPEG 2.5", which up until 2 minutes ago Rockbox didn't
handle and thus reported wrong bitrates, frequency and thus also a completely
wrong play time too.

  Daniel "Bagder" Stenberg --