Subject: Re: Réf. : What do I need to make my own .mod ?

Re: Réf. : What do I need to make my own .mod ?

From: George Styles <george_at_ripnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 15:56:10 +0100

I had a lot of trouble getting the compiler working under windows - the
whole project is kinda Linux orientated.

What I did was get a copy of VMWare, and install Mandrake Linux (8.2) under
that - that basically emulates another PC which runs Linux in a window under
windows.

I then followed the (excellant) instructions on the Rockbox web site, and
'cooked' myself the cross compiler, which all worked fine...

Just to let you know your not the only one struggling getting it all working
under windows.

ps. dont be tempted to use a more recent version of GCC - i wasted a lot of
time with that :)