Subject: Re: Screwed up scrolling? and Q about srolling

Re: Screwed up scrolling? and Q about srolling

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 17:40:22 +0200

George Styles wrote:
> Using the latest Rockbox from CVS, the scrolling line at the top (filename)
> on WPS seems to be slightly screwed at the right hand side. It seems to
> flicker, and display the wrong character... i assume thisis somethign to do
> with the updateRect patch?

No, actually it has done that for quite some time. You're using proportional fonts, right? The scroll code is not written to handle proportional fonts, it works somewhat ok using something of a kludge. The scroll code will be rewritten as we progress towards unifying the font code.

> In fact, by having one of these structures pointing at the real screen, we
> could do away with the 'old' versions of these routines altogether.

Except we will always need a one-line scroll, for those really long strings such as pathnames.

> Is anyone else interested in this? is it worth me continueing work on it?

It is quite interesting, and I think many here would like to take a peek at your code. Can you produce a patch of what you have and post it here?

--
Björn