Subject: RE: Re: time to sleep?

RE: Re: time to sleep?

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 16:59:12 +0200

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002 16:40:38 +0200, Sven Karlsson wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Well, I'm just giving some hints on low-power programming
> techniques. I used to work with such systems a few years ago
> designing full-custom ASICs and doing lowlevel programming.

And we thank you for your concern. Regarding the 'register' keyword,
it won't help us save power, since the CPU still has to fetch each
and every instruction from the RAM anyway. We have no cache.

OK, in the long run it might help us because the more effective the
code it, the earlier we can go to sleep...

/Linus

--
Linus Nielsen Feltzing, linus_at_haxx.se on 2002-08-22