Subject: Re: source of 200 file limit

Re: source of 200 file limit

From: Bill Napier <napier_at_pobox.com>
Date: 22 Aug 2002 12:43:54 -0400

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002 12:22:18 -0400 (EDT), Lucas Gonze <lgonze_at_panix.com> said:
> I'm wondering what the source of the 200-files-in-a-dir limit is.
> Can anyone explain the underlying issues? Are they algorithmic or
> just about flipping a constant?

This just came up on this list. The original post can be found in the
archives here:

http://rockbox.haxx.se/mail/archive/rockbox-archive-2002-08/0448.shtml

Please read that post and the following thread (all with subject "max
200 entries in a dir. why?" to see what has been discussed and then
proceed from there.

This message brought to you by the letters G,N,U and S.