Subject: Re: some VBR files not playing back correctly
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (linus_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2002-08-22

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002 13:04:10 -0400, Garner Halloran wrote:
> Sorry if this has been covered before, but I couldn't find anything
> about this in the archives.

Actually, it hasn't been reported vefore.

> I have some VBR files that sound all staticy or scratchy when
> played back.

Ok. Does it disappear if you lower the volume or change the sound
settings (bass/treble/Super Bass/loudness)?

> They play fine on my PC and with the Archos firmware so I suspect
> there is something wrong with the rockbox firmware.

Probably.

> I have an Archos Recorder 20. It came with the 1.26 firmware and

OK. Same as mine then.

> Also, I encoded the file with LAME if that makes any difference.
> I've got probably 8gig worth of files that I've ripped myself and
> encoded with LAME and most of the them work. If someone wants the
> mp3 in question, just let me know where to upload it!

I'd like to have it. If you can put them on a public FTP/HTTP server
it would be great. If you can't, send the smallest one you have to me
privately.

/Linus

--
Linus Nielsen Feltzing, linus_at_haxx.se on 2002-08-22