Subject: Website problem (was Re: strange effect !!)
From: Dave Chapman (dave_at_dchapman.com)
Date: 2002-08-26

On Monday 26 August 2002 14:32, you wrote:
> I found the problem.
> I did see the same problem on the Archos Jukebox ML @ yahoo
>
> Some guys get problem when downloading the file from Netscape !!
> And now I did download it using IE and all works good !!

I think this is a problem with the way the website is set up - the web server
reports the mime type of the firmware files as "text/plain". This is why
Netscape (correctly IMHO) tries to display it in a browser window when you
left-click on it. Internet Explorer seems to ignore mime types, which is why
it doesn't try to display the file - but prompts to save it instead.

If the website is running apache, adding the line:

addtype application/octet-stream mod ajz

to a ".htaccess" file in the document root directory should make the firmware
files appear to browsers as binary files, and hence prompt for saving.

Regards,

Dave.