Subject: More info on the reported error 'Dir Browser un-available' error
Date: 2002-08-27

At the request of Daniel, I am posting this info. It relates to the problem I have with my Recorder 6Gb (Upgraded to 40Gb) which has OS version 1.17i in ROM.

The problem I have reported is that the ON button does not allow me move to the DIR Browser section when a song is playing. Nor can I set the date & time (as you need to press ON to confirm the changes!)

After a little investigation (prompted by Daniel), I discovered the following:

> The PBDR stays at FBBF no matter what button I press! (I tried all of them
> once I found that ON had no effect)

Uuugh. That is the reason for this problem... We check for a bit in that
register to change for the ON button to "take"...

> The AN numbers seem to be moving around a little, but they do not appear to
> be related to any button presses.

AN4 and AN5 should change when you press various keys. (Not the ON key

I hope this helps,

Steve Whitley

If you need to contact me - please reply to steve.whitley@'REMOVE THIS BIT'

Freeserve AnyTime, only £13.99 per month with one month's FREE trial!
For more information visit or call free on 0800 970 8890