Subject: RE: Sound Settings
From: Nielsen Linus (ext) (Linus.Nielsen_at_elema.siemens.se)
Date: 2002-08-27

> The Rockbox software gets better from day to day and leaves
> the Archos behind since the day FF/FRew came. Thanks a
> lot to all the programmers out there!

You're welcome.

> My question is, would it be possible to store several sound
> settings (3-5 would be enough)

There has been much talk about such a feature. Maybe some day, yes.

> to access them quickly via the menu or - better - the
> unused menu key while playback?

The Menu key is not unused when playing files. It is used to reach the menu,
adjust the volume (combined with +/-), and key lock (combined with STOP).

> Would be most useful to simply switch the sound settings
> sequentially with this key. Storing could be done with the
> same key in the sound setting menu.

A good idea. We'll add it to the pile of other good ideas. Or even better,
could you add this as a Feature Request on Sourceforge? If you do, don't
forget to log in, or sign with your email address.

/Linus