Subject: BUTTON_PLAY
From: Chad Lockwood (chad_at_thelockwoods.net)
Date: 2002-08-29

This pertains only to the recorder...
My brother and i were working on a patch that makes the play button work the
same every where. Currently the botton_play will enter a sub menu instead of
doing play/pause.. We have it working somewhat but... since the code to
play/pause is not global it requires a lot of duplication of code and the
"var paused" is local to wps.c the code we added to menu.c has its own var
paused which gets out of sync. Since at some point bulding playlist and
editing them on the fly will happen shouldn't the play pause code be a
function that can be called from any where? This way you have control over
playback no mater what else is being done on the recorder. How should this be
done?

--
Chad