Subject: Re: Hello from Gary D
From: Garrett Derner (GaryD_at_AdFreeInternet.com)
Date: 2002-08-28

Björn:
> Try reading question 18 in the faq, while you're there. :-)

Whoops. I thought I had read the whole faq, but somehow I skipped the famous
18!

Linus:
> You can browse the mailing list archives. There you will find the
> (disappointing) answers to your OGG question.

Thanks, Linus. Yes, it does look disappointing.
If pcm/wav would be possible, the JBR would be a good DAT replacement.
Maybe I'll take a look at the Creative Nomad, since it will do WAV. I tried
to find its sample rate & bit depth but their website does not say.

From: "Björn Stenberg" July 31, 2002
> Thus, we are limited to the 1Mbit serial line for recording too.

Paul Suade 2002-07-31 :
> !? we are speaking about the recording, no ? so MAS uses the parallel
8-bit
and not the serial line to get the MP3 streams to write on memory/disk !?