Subject: Re: Coding conventions
From: Daniel Stenberg (
Date: 2002-08-29

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, perterm wrote:

> Does this convention cover how braces should be used, too?

No. We've specificly not decided on a bracing standard, as CONTRIBUTING says:

 "When changing code, follow the code style of the file you are editing."

 "When writing new files, you may use the brace placement style of your

> But I notice that code I supplied was altered -> someone doesn't seem to
> like single lines in braces.

That must've been made by some evil person we should chase down and make
responsible for all bad sorts of bad things! B-]

Seriously, that is not something we do on regular basis but might happen
occationally I guess mainly due to sloppiness.

My personal preference is the way you described.

Daniel "Bagder" Stenberg --