Subject: RE: PCM files & WAV-MP3
From: Nielsen Linus (ext) (
Date: 2002-08-29

> I'm not talking about decoding here, since the data are
> already in the decoded format (PCM). And also no mention
> of the WAV container that can be seen a ID3v0 (remove
> the header).

We have no problems whatsoever reading different file formats, call it PCM,
WAV, GRI, PQR or whatever.
The problem is that the CODEC only accepts MP3 data and nothing else. We
could write a new CODEC if we knew how to do it, but there is no
documentation on the DSP. Please note that we have no access to the DAC, so
we can't send the data directly to the DAC.