Subject: Re: PCM files & WAV-MP3
From: Steve Lhomme (steve.lhomme_at_free.fr)
Date: 2002-08-29

Paul Suade wrote:
> There is a mas plugin but it is not free. So better to forget it.
>
> The only solution is the ability to encode wav or pcm in mp3 in real-time
> the fatest way (is there any possibility to encode uncompressed mp3 ?). The
> trouble is : can SH1 be able to do such a job ?

Well, from what I read about the recording, you don't really have access
to the input. If you do that could be OK (if the DSP can encode and
decode at the same time).

An other solution would be rewriting the driver on the PC (or Mac ?) and
encode (on the fly) any audio files other than native MP3 to MP3 before
transfering to the USB... It's not an impossible task.