Subject: Re: 1 Bug, 1 misbehaviour and a feature
From: Doug (
Date: 2002-08-29

Well as I posted ( to no response ) yesterday, I maintain that we could cover
both by having two types of backlight settings: 1) press a button, it turns on
for a certain amount of time and then goes off, 2) press a specific button to
turn the light on indefinitely, and then press it again to turn it off. I
personally prefer to avoid undue backlight-turning-on, especially in bright
light, outdoors for example, or when it's a simple volume adjustment.

To continue my rant, this also has advantage when playing a game; why would
you want the backlight to turn off when you're in the middle of playing
sokoban and considering what move to make for 10 seconds?
--- Uwe Freese <> wrote:
> Hello Claudio,
> Claudio Sabia wrote on Thursday, August 29, 2002, 3:19:56 PM:
> CS> 3. The keys I press more frequently are Up and Down while in WPS
> CS> to change the volume. I think that it would save us a lot of power
> CS> if the LCD doesn't light on in this case (you can hear when you
> CS> reach the volume you want!). Just a thought.
> I don't agree. At least I want the possibility that the light goes on
> when I press vol+/- :
> If I connect my AJB to my car radio, I usually set the volume to about
> 84. There, hearing that the volume is loud enough is not sufficient,
> because the volume depends on the volume setting of my car radio, too.
> And the display is much more readable with the light on.
> BTW: The additional light consumes 30 mA, and the AJB consumes ~ 160
> mA in normal usage. I think this 30 mA for a few seconds is not too
> much.
> Bye, Uwe.

Do You Yahoo!?