Subject: Re: 1 Bug, 1 misbehaviour and a feature
From: Doug (him10101_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 2002-08-29

Well as I posted ( to no response ) yesterday, I maintain that we could cover
both by having two types of backlight settings: 1) press a button, it turns on
for a certain amount of time and then goes off, 2) press a specific button to
turn the light on indefinitely, and then press it again to turn it off. I
personally prefer to avoid undue backlight-turning-on, especially in bright
light, outdoors for example, or when it's a simple volume adjustment.

To continue my rant, this also has advantage when playing a game; why would
you want the backlight to turn off when you're in the middle of playing
sokoban and considering what move to make for 10 seconds?
-Doug