Subject: Re: Play-Pause Losing Control
From: Chad Lockwood (chad_at_thelockwoods.net)
Date: 2002-08-30

> Chad Lockwood wrote:
> > Shouldn't the play/pause always work to play/pause no mater what screen
> > your in?
>
> No, I don't think so. The WPS is the screen for controlling playback.
Other screens have other purposes and use the keys accordingly.
Having the play and the right arrow do the same thing is a waste of
functonality one button to do that job is plenty i think.

> You can't change volume in every screen either. Why is pause more
important than that? And next-track, and search...
Because I have needed to pause when in the menu several times this month and
never needed to next-track, and search...
Why is it better to have the play and the right arrow do the same job in the
menu?