Subject: Custom WPS
From: Magnus Holmgren (
Date: 2002-08-30

The custom WPS feature is really nice (no need for me to patch wps.c now and then :), but I do lack some functionality, to get things the way I want them. While there is the "%?" operator, it is a bit limited, IMO. I'd like to be able to check on each tag (i.e., artist, album, etc) and act on if they contain any text or not.

For examples on how to do it, see the MAD and Vorbis plugins for Winamp. MAD is a bit messy to use, and while the Vorbis solution is easier to use, but it has its problems too. :)