Subject: Re: Custom WPS

Re: Custom WPS

From: Magnus Holmgren <lear_at_algonet.se>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 10:31:14 +0200

Justin Heiner wrote:

> The Custom WPS still has work that needs to be done with it. My reasoning
> behind having it enabled 100% now is that other people other than me will do
> updating on it hopefully (brainstorming with Bagder and others for that idea).
>
> Doing something like that is currently beyond my knowledge... I don't think
> that the current implementation of %? could handle more than one type of if
> statement. It could possibly be done with %? and then %ia to modify the artist.
> We've currently got only 64 characters per line on the Custom WPS, so whatever
> commands are implented should be kept short and sweet.

While "MAD style" style is a bit difficult to use (when you start
nesting stuff at least), it is fairly easy to implement, and you get a
very flexible formatting. Loosly based on the MAD sources, I've started
my own implementation now. With a little luck, I might have a
preliminary patch later today...

--
Magnus Holmgren