Subject: Re: filesystem problems?
From: Justin Heiner (
Date: 2002-09-01

The latest daily builds (available for download) will most likely fix the
problem. I'm not sure of the exact details of the solution, but I believe it
has to do with reading/writing data while buffering. I had the same problem as
you, and the newest firmware fixes it for me.

Try it and see if the problem goes away. If it doesn't go away, then we've got
other problems to account for :-)

--- Nate Nystrom <> wrote:
> > > I have a JB6000 running RockBox! 1.3. Today, I had it playing for
> > > several hours while mowing the yard. Something I noticed was that
> > > seemingly random songs would stop and the unit would skip to the next
> > > song. I also had it, on three occasions say "end of list. press <on>" or
> > > something to that effect.
> > >
> > > My first (and uninitiated) guess was that the songs that skip (which I
> > > have played successfully before) were the victim of fragmentation. I
> > > haven't checked it yet, but will the JB/RockBox allow you to use other
> > > filesystems like ext3 or Reiserfs?
> > >
> > > Has anyone seen this type of problem before? Is it fragemntation?
> > >
> > > Thanks,

Do You Yahoo!?