Subject: Re: ROLO2 - now loads Archos Recorder firmware
From: Dave Chapman (
Date: 2002-09-02

On Monday 02 September 2002 12:24, you wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there a way to boot on the ROM firmware ?
> I own an JBRec20GB with 1.28 Firmware so I don't have any ajbrec.ajz from
> Archos to copy .
> So can the software switch between :
> 1) Rockbox or Archos software ---> in fact any mod,ajz file
> 2) ROM Firmware ---> or is there a way to copy the ROM firmware to a
> file.

I have the same jukebox - AJBR20 with 1.28 ROM.

However - if 2) was implemented, then the ROM firmware would (I think)
immediately load Rockbox back again!

I believe that the 1.27d firmware available from the Archos site is the same
as the 1.28 in ROM - so you can just use that file with ROLO. (someone
correct me if I am wrong). I have tried this, and it seems to work.