Subject: Re: Re: Some ideas
From: Chris Pimlott (rockbox_at_chris.pimlott.net)
Date: 2002-09-02

On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 10:31:07AM +0200, Bj?rn Stenberg wrote:
> Benoit Midy wrote:
> > Why to not use it like the "original firmware" STOP acts as STOP when a
> > file is playing else it acts as "goto parent dir" .
>
> How does this differ from the current situation?

        STOP in the WPS screen always takes you back to file view with
the song that was playing being at the current position. In RockBox,
STOP will take you back to file view with the current position being the
one where PLAY was last hit. It's the same if you just play one song,
but if you advance to another (be it through a playlist or a directory
of files) it results in different behavior.

        I prefer the Archos manner, as it makes sense that hitting STOP
then PLAY should result in the same song being played, and it's
consistant with how MP3 players work on the computer (ex Winamp, XMMS,
WMP).

        Chris Pimlott