Subject: funny custom wps behaviour
From: Uwe Freese (
Date: 2002-09-04

With a /.rockbox/wps.config that looks like

- the "Hello" is not displayed
- it shows the "Time: xx:xx/yy:yy" at the bottom of the screen

Another question:

"* The file may be 2 lines long for the Player, and 6 lines for the

Why is it 6 lines for the recorder? If I switch off the status bar, I
have 7 lines, if the progressbar at the bottom of the screen is
switchable (I hope it will be in the future), I have 8.
So the wps.config should work with 7 or 8 lines and ignore the lines >6
if statusbar/progressbar are shown currently.

There could also be a tag in the wps format that tells which line to
cancel if not all fit on the screen right now. That could be also useful
for loadable fonts (-> different number of lines with different fonts).

Bye, Uwe.