Subject: Re: wps.config
From: Vincent Kargatis (
Date: 2002-09-05

Cool, got it working for my Recorder. In case anyone's confused from the
doc (, the filename is
default.wps, and not wps.config.

Although I expected line 7 of the file to appear/disappear based on
status-bar on/off, that's not the case (line 7 appears under the progress
bar, and status-off just dupes line 6 [bug?]). So I'd keep the file to 6,
like the doc says. :)

My file looks like:
%?pn<%pn|Playlist>: %pp/%pe
Time: %pc/%pt

title (scrolling)
Playlist: 4/150
Time: 1:12/3:40

**genre - I store the file like Genre/Artist/Album/file.mp3, so %d3 is
genre. Above I actually query %d4, which atm seems like it doesn't exist,
but in my case is sometimes super-genre (Jazz/Modern & Fusion/Bill
Frisell/etc/etc.mp3). So that's just wishful thinking atm.

So the custom file is nifty - I get playlist position and genre, instead of
for me the less useful scrolling filename and bitrate/freq.

My requests:
- %pn = playlist name
- %dN where N>3
- the line 7 toggle corresponding to status bar ON/OFF.

Anyway, thanks as always for the work, Rockbox team!

Vincent Kargatis
np: Bill Frisell - "John Handy Was a Desperate Little Man"  (The Willies)