Subject: Re: search a string
From: Lucas Gonze (lgonze_at_panix.com)
Date: 2002-09-05

Francois --

This is a good thing that would be really usefuj. ...I wrote a console
mode ID3 tag browser (which is imo much better than mp3info), but need a
persistent db and have been too lazy to write it. I think the things a db
needs are:

* file timestamps, so you can reload updated tags
* ID3 tag values like TRK vs. TRCK, not just summations like "song"
* output convenient for piping to xargs

there is a complication that I've noticed in gnu locate: a find should
only return files that the caller has read permissions on.

- Lucas