Subject: Re: Audiobooks and shuffle.

Re: Audiobooks and shuffle.

From: Nate Nystrom <nystrom_at_cs.cornell.edu>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 04:37:04 -0400

On Fri Sep 06 04:05:41 -0400 2002, Robert Hak wrote:

> I guess my fear here is that we are talking about the posibility of asking
> users to do _alot_ of file creation on their main system. I dunno... I
> just think the software shouldn't account for users been lazy (for the
> most part)
>
> /Adi

How about having a key combo (say MENU+PLAY on the player models) that
flips the shuffle bit before playing a playlist or directory. The
change from the menu setting should only apply to that playlist; the
change does not persist. Then, Chad can leave the shuffle bit on by
default, but use the key combo to play his audio books. I think we
still have remaining key combos for the player in the tree view, unless
some have been added in the last 1-2 days. I'd also like to see an
option that disables shuffle for directories, but not playlists, since I
almost never want to shuffle my directories.

While I'm on the topic of key combos, another one I'd like is one to pop
the tree view back to the currently playing song.

Nate