Subject: stat function (was Re: Auto-ROLO)
From: Bill Napier (
Date: 2002-09-06

On Fri, 6 Sep 2002 09:37:33 -0400, Chris Pimlott <> said:
> I'd like to make an auto-ROLO feature, where it keeps track of
> the last-modified date of the current firmware and automatically
> reloads it if it changes (after a USB disconnect). Unfortunately,
> we don't have a stat function. Perhaps someone who understands vfat
> could implement one for me? I'm sure it will be of use to others as
> well.

Well, I had one whipped up for something else I was working on for
rockbox (which I then stopped working on when it wasn't going
anywhere). Feel free to start with this (it correctly fills out most
of the fields in the stat structure...)

  • test/plain attachment: stat.c

  • test/plain attachment: stat.h

good luck!