Subject: Re: Use built-in MIC for auto-volume?
From: Heikki Hannikainen (
Date: 2002-09-06

On Fri, 6 Sep 2002, Nick Robinson wrote:

> I think the mic is just connected to the MAS device, meaning we probably
> can't get at the signal whilst playing.

  I think we can get the measured record audio level from the MAS
registers (I took a quick look at them before, and you can see them
jumping at debug/view MAS codec, addresses 0x0c and 0x0d for playback). We
just don't have the recording enabled so the record level meters don't
jump. I think the device can do full duplex, but I'm not entirely sure,
have to check the specs. And it might consume more power if recording is

  This can probably be looked at easily once we have done recording...

  - Hessu