Subject: RE: search a string - keyboard code
From: John Wood (John.Wood_at_royalblue.com)
Date: 2002-09-06

Find attached the keyboard snippet I mentioned (if our work mail server
allows it through).

Doesn't work with the player. I envisaged being able to call the same
function, and the function will just display differently for the player than
the recorder.

There's a few functions in there:

center_text(char *caption, bool largefont)
-- displays a message or any text in the center of the screen, word wraps.

char response(char *caption, char *option1, char *option2, char *option3,
bool largefont)
-- displays center_text, provides three options in the status bar. returns
the first character of whatever you select.

char *input_string(char *default_text)
-- this is the keyboard function. waits for the user to input some text,
defaults it to what is supplied.

display_kbd()
-- a little test function.

It was compiled with 1.2, and requires malloc. Should be pretty easy to
remove the dependency on malloc.

Hope it gets through, if it doesn't I'll resend when I get home.

John

This message is intended only for the stated addressee(s)
and may be confidential. Access to this email by anyone
else is unauthorised. Any opinions expressed in this email
do not necessarily reflect the opinions of royalblue.
Any unauthorised disclosure, use or dissemination,
either whole or in part is prohibited,. If you are not the
intended recipient of this message, please notify
the sender immediately.

  • application/octet-stream attachment: kbd.zip