Subject: Re: sh-elf-objcopy creates _large_ archos.bin output
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (linus_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2002-09-07

On Sat, 7 Sep 2002 10:25:03 +0200 (CEST), Matthias Wächter wrote:
> Is there any known incompatibility with latest gcc and binutils?

Yes, the later versions have issues.

> (Then maybe we should note this in the docs explicitly)

We could mention that. Or you can just download the versions that the
instructions tell you to.

> As an intermediate solution I will continue by downloading the
> noted binutils and gcc version, hope that helps.

You are very welcome to try to figure out what the problem might be,
and then we can either fix it, or add some info on the instruction
page.

Why do you call it an 'intermediate' solution? That version works,
and we haven't had any problems with it. I say stick with it and be
happy. :-)

/Linus

--
Linus Nielsen Feltzing, linus_at_haxx.se on 2002-09-07