Subject: Re: sh-elf-objcopy creates _large_ archos.bin output
From: Matthias Wächter (matthias_at_waechter.wiz.at)
Date: 2002-09-07

On Sat, 7 Sep 2002, Magnus Holmgren wrote:

> > Is there any known incompatibility with latest gcc and binutils? (Then
> > maybe we should note this in the docs explicitly)
>
> The linker script needs a fix (GCC 3.1 gives a warning about this). In
> firmware/app.lds (I think; I have a player and need to change
> player.lds), add the following, after the .rodata "section":
>
> .rodata.str1.4 :
> {
> *(.rodata)
> } > DRAM
>
> That should fix your problem.

Cool! I'll give it a try tonight.

Is this fix compatible with elder GCC's? Then we should put this fix into
the release, give it a try with GCC 3.2 or put a note about this on the
'install your own X-compile sh-elf-gcc environment' page.

Sehr Wus,
- Matthias

--
                    "To get control over people, make them trust you.
                                            To make people trust you