Subject: Re: Where does the ROM start?
From: Björn Stenberg (
Date: 2002-09-07

Bernd Konnerth wrote:
> I'm just trying to adapt the ROLO, so that we will be able to load the
> original firmware as well. Of course directly from the ROM and not by
> copying it to a file.

You can't do that. The first thing the ROM firmware does is load the archos.mod/ajbrec.ajz firmware file from disk. Thus you'd simply end up starting Rockbox again.

> By the way, the ROLO (submitted to this mailing list some days ago)
> works fine! But! It works only once! When trying to start the same (or
> any other) image file again, nothing happens.

It works, but you need to load a firmware that contains ROLO. Rockbox <1.4 and Archos' firmwares don't contain ROLO and can therefore not load other firmware files.