Subject: Re: MAS 3587F: Sync pin not connected?
From: Philipp Pertermann (philipp.pertermann_at_web.de)
Date: 2002-09-08

>> But according to the
>> schematics this pin is not connected. Is that because it is really
>> not connected or just because nobody bothered about that yet?

>I think it may be connected, but just not in the schematics. Open
>your unit, bring out your multimeter and find it! :-)
>
>/Linus

Yes. I read and obey.

I've been searching and beeping for hours now, but didn't find anything.
Although I find it hard to believe it really seems the SYNC pin is not
connected to any other ic in the recorder.

Also there seems to be a mistake on http://rockbox.haxx.se/notes.html as in
the table about port B it says that PB15 was connected to the MAS MP3 frame
sync. But according to my multimeter the schematic seems to be right which
says PB15 is connected to /PRTW. Or did I misunderstand something
completely? Like the research note is on the player and I compare it with
the recorder?

Phil