Subject: [Sven.Radke@gmx.de: battery faq]
From: Björn Stenberg (bjorn_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2002-09-08

Sven Radke had some comments regarding the Battery FAQ:

----- Forwarded message from "Radke, Sven" <Sven.Radke_at_gmx.de> -----

Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 02:55:10 +0200
From: "Radke, Sven" <Sven.Radke_at_gmx.de>
To: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Subject: battery faq

> A good circuit for powering from a car battery or other source
with a higher voltage would be a 600 mA fuse and a 9V regulator like
a 7809 of your favourite manufacturer in series.

it's that if u use just a 7809 the voltage is about 8 volts, I
experienced it 2 times (1 a while ago but I remembered when the 2nd
spit out just 8 volts)

the 7809 needs a lil buffering the energy, I made this witch adding a
470uf/25V condensator to input and output

also it is important that is has a little load to work correctly

I made this with a LED what also tells me if the thing is working

I'm a pro tv service technican btw

cheers,
Sven

----- End forwarded message -----