Subject: Re: resume after STOP?
From: Vincent Kargatis (lartis_at_ath.forthnet.gr)
Date: 2002-09-08

From: "Björn Stenberg" <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
> Vincent Kargatis wrote:
> > if you accidentally hit STOP

> But why do you want to press stop and then keep playing?

Note my use of the word "accidentally". My point being that it's a fairly
vulnerable point of "failure", which is currently minorly catastrophic if
you are in the middle of a large playlist. Congratulations on your care if
you haven't happened to make the mistake. :)

> If you are talking about stopping a playlist, playing a couple of other
files and then return to the playlist, that's a lot more complex than just
making STOP not kill resume.

No doubt - but they do all relate to a similar set of use cases. At least
mine.

One possible suggestion for the 'bookmarks' idea is to have an automatic
bookmark set for every playlist (uniquely identified by its file-path-name)
when STOP is pressed during a played playlist. Then, later, somehow that
bookmark is accessed, perhaps like
- you 'play' the playlist, and if the bookmark exists, it asks to resume
- or, there's a folder of bookmarks, with links to the bookmarked playlists,
where when you play from that location, it resumes.

Just some ideas. I wonder what the most common use cases are for Jukebox
listening? I typically listen to pre-shuffled playlists of some kind -
either 'all', or a genre-oriented one, or an artist-oriented one. But given
varying moods over a span of days, I'd like to shift from one to another as
I feel like it. I'd be surprised if this were idiosyncratic usage...

--
Vincent Kargatis