Subject: Re: ATA - USE_POWEROFF vs USE_SLEEP

Re: ATA - USE_POWEROFF vs USE_SLEEP

From: Andrew Jamieson <ajamiesn_at_optusnet.com.au>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 20:00:24 +1000

If you can send me the code, and indicate the CVS version you modified, I
will measure the current draw of each so that we can get an accurate view of
how much this helps. I would hazard a guess that this would be worth
sacrificing the HDD cache for, as it would deliver more benifit (in terms of
battery life) than the added MP3 buffer would.

BTW, I have a AJB, not a recorder, so hopefully you have the code for this.