Subject: RE: ATA - USE_POWEROFF vs USE_SLEEP
From: Stuart Tedford (stuart.tedford_at_piresearch.co.uk)
Date: 2002-09-10

Yeah, I forgot to say it was on the recorder.

In the code in ata.c it says poweroff only works on the recorder, not the
player. Can anyone confirm this and say why?

If anyone who has a recorder is keen to do these current draw measurements,
I can email them the 2 ajz files (modified and unmodified) and other info to
them tomorrow - let me know. Anyway, I think Linus has done these
measurements already - using the _bad_ poweroff that is undefined in the
code already :) - I can't remember the exact figures but there was maybe a
30mA difference between sleep and poweroff.

Or I guess I could post a patch but I haven't ever done a patch before so
that could be interesting - but the ata thread has changed a bit now, so I
would need to do some testing again.

Stu.