Subject: RE: ATA - USE_POWEROFF vs USE_SLEEP
From: Nielsen Linus (ext) (Linus.Nielsen_at_elema.siemens.se)
Date: 2002-09-10

> In the code in ata.c it says poweroff only works on the
> recorder, not the player. Can anyone confirm this and say why?

At least the older players have no way of controlling the HD power. I don't
know about the newer ones, they don't use the same port pin at least.

> Anyway, I think Linus has done these measurements already -
> using the _bad_ poweroff that is undefined in the
> code already :)

Bad, bad me. Yeah I know that the current POWEROFF feature is bad, that is
why we don't use it. :-)

I don't remember the current draw of the various configurations...just that
poweroff was a lot better...

/Linus