Subject: RE: Faster skip forward
From: Nielsen Linus (ext) (Linus.Nielsen_at_elema.siemens.se)
Date: 2002-09-11

> > 1) Having to load 5 secs of the next song just in case the
> > user wants to skip it wastes buffer space.
>
> Yes, but if we extend the original idea a bit this could
> work: after the first 3 seconds of playback (while the disk
> is still spinning), and if the user hasn't pressed next-track,
> then re-use that 5 seconds of buffer space
> for the current song instead.

OK, the mpeg thread could load 5 seconds+watermark_level of the first file
and 5 seconds of the next. When 5 seconds have passed, it will continue
Doesn't sound impossible.
This would of course only happen at mpeg_next() and mpeg_play().

> Yes, this is another drawback. Any takers?

I was about to say the same.

Or as is the custom on this list:

"Show me the code!"

:-)