Subject: Re: Rockbox for the player

Re: Rockbox for the player

From: Remo Hofer <remo.nospam_at_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 14:59:35 +0200

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002 13:08:58 +0200 pedroer_at_terra.es (Pedro) wrote:

>Weird question, I am wondering... ;-)
>
>Right now, who would want to use the Archos firmware instead of Rockbox
>firmware in a player? What would be the advantages? :-) I don't see any

- Repeat can't be turned off (and no repeat single available)
- Can't edit/create playlists
- No auto turn off (after playlist has finished)
- The menu, id3 screen, and browser do not time out (to the wps or browser)
- No monitoring while fast forwarding (and rewinding), but this is no big loss

But other than that, I see no advantages of the Archos player firmware.
And yes, I completely switched to Rockbox, with the option to load the
Archos firmware with RoLo.

A big "thank you" to the Rockbox team for that great work.
--
Remo Hofer <remo.nospam_at_gmx.net>
Do NOT remove nospam from email address!