Subject: RE: Rockbox for the player
From: Stuart Tedford (stuart.tedford_at_piresearch.co.uk)
Date: 2002-09-11

> saying that, dont other peoples measurements support this?

I use the same versions, and I would say that the stock battery indicator is
rubbish. In my tests, it took almost 8 hours for the first third of
indicated battery to be used - the last two thirds of indicated battery was
consumed in the following 2 hours. That isn't a very useful battery
indicator.

In Rockbox, the battery indicator is very accurate. At least when I did my
tests (in early August). Rockbox had about 1.5 hours less battery life than
stock in those days. I am doing a new test at this very moment (including
my new poweroff version), so up to date results will be available soon.

Stu.