Subject: Re: Faster skip forward
From: Mike Soultanian (msoultan_at_csulb.edu)
Date: 2002-09-11

> OK, the mpeg thread could load 5 seconds+watermark_level of the first file
> and 5 seconds of the next. When 5 seconds have passed, it will continue
> Doesn't sound impossible.
> This would of course only happen at mpeg_next() and mpeg_play().
>
> > Yes, this is another drawback. Any takers?
>
> I was about to say the same.

Unfortunately my C skills are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY behind all of yours, so
the best I can do now is make a few suggestions here and there.
Ultimately, the Rockbox project is still ten gazillion times better than
the archos firmware and I'm really glad you guys have taken the time and
effort to do what you've done so far. I am very appreciative of your
efforts to make this a better mp3 player :)

thanks,
mike