Subject: RE: Rockbox for the player
From: Ed Wilson (
Date: 2002-09-12

i'd rather have it loading fast :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Stenberg []
Sent: 12 September 2002 12:51
To: Rockbox

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, Ed Wilson wrote:

> 1) When showing the playlist number 4/1567 etc.. the 4 is the current count
> of how many tracks have been played, but on the old firmware it referred to
> the position of the song within the playlist which was much easier to
> remember so that the song could be removed from the playlist at a later
> date.

The superb (if I may say so) efficiency of playlist in Rockbox of course come
with a price.

We only keep a single list in memory, and that list is shuffled when you
select shuffle. When advancing down this list, we have no knowledge at all
about what "original" position a particular index has.

To be able to know that, we'd have to store an additional 16 bit number for
each playlist entry. Quite doable, but not done today.

Daniel "Bagder" Stenberg --