Subject: Re[4]: cvs patch for loadable fonts
From: Eric Linenberg (elinenbe_at_umich.edu)
Date: 2002-09-12

I pulled the X5x8.fnt font directly from the archive that was attached
to a previous email, and I also applied the patch. No luck. The
same thing still happens.

-eric

GH> Eric,
GH> Which font are you using (copied into /system.fnt)?
GH> Try copying the X5x8.fnt to /system.fnt, I suspect
GH> this may be related to the height > 8 and copying
GH> off the end of the hardware bitmap lcd display.

GH> Also - make sure my last small patch I posted this morning
GH> is applied, let me know if that makes it work - since that governs
GH> the # of lines displayed in tree mode, which is the default startup.

GH> Regards,

GH> Greg

GH> : it works fine when /system.fnt is removed.
GH> :
GH> : -eric
GH> :
: GH>> : I have a recorder 6k, and when I have the system.fnt in the root
: GH>> : directory. When the recorder boots up, it just shuts off after I
GH> see
: GH>> : the splash screen and the title bar get drawn.
: GH>> :
: GH>> : This is with a fresh CVS.
GH> :
: GH>> Does it run when /system.fnt is removed?
GH> :
: GH>> Does the simulator version work? Apply the last patch
: GH>> I sent as well.
GH> :
: GH>> Regards,
GH> :