Subject: Fonts status 11:28 GMT, september 13, 2002
From: Daniel Stenberg (daniel_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2002-09-13

o The loadfont seems to crash on target at times, I09:CPUAdrEr at 09010394
  was reported. And when it doesn't crash, the font comes up garbled.

o The 'bdf2fnt' doesn't handle font names that start with a digit(!!!)

o The bdf2fnt barfs out on multiple fonts, one example being the pixelette
  here: http://rockbox.haxx.se/fonts/test/pixelette.bdf

o I ran the helvR08.bdf font (http://rockbox.haxx.se/fonts/) through the
  converter with only 255 letters and it came out fine. I just think that it
  seems to make the letters too heigh. I would assume I could get at least 8
  lines of text, but now I get 6. Am I just stupid, or does anyone have a 8
  pixels high prop font to try out?

o http://rockbox.haxx.se/fonts/ is the start of our "font collection" page
  on the site.

--